Sunday, July 02, 2006

Josephians in concert

Claire S. and I attended the concert, which was at the Batu Lintang Auditorium, despite the tiredness and all.

Everything started on time,the speeches were kept short and simple,the script was quite humurous.The band was AMAZING!'Metroville' rocked the house!Kester,throwing all those things:The gun,mace and flag.It was,as expected,REALLY good!He had to control from throwing it too high up,I've seen him throw higher than that.Such a pity the auditorium was so low.Oh!Oh!Not forgetting the UBER HIGH PANTS!Their top was short and I think their pants were wayyyyy above their belly buttons!

Pink LAdy & Strawberry Flip were the 2 pieces I recognized(after hearing my sis playing it on the violin ages ago.I tried playing it too, it was really, really fun playing them both)

The strings emsemble just made everyone stare in awe.From all the vibratos, I could have sworn my eyes were vibrating in it's sockets.Same goes to Mr and Mrs Yap Ling's performance!His violin serenaded the entire auditorium WITHOUT a microphone!All the plucking while bowing, bowing on both strings while playing the fancy pinky shredding runs on the E string, that was really AWESOME!I just stared at his fingers.Mrs Yap Ling's(Grace)fingers were also CRAZY during the 3rd piece(I think it was the 3rd)The Rondo from serenade in D major("Haffner")or was it Song of the five-finger mountain.Anyway!her fingers were like a spider's legs spinning a web.It was sersiouly going crazy fast!

The kids's choir performance was surprisingly GOOD!They CAN sing!They didn't even go out of tune ad 'Umi' is a really beautiful Japanese song!The Old MCdonald part was really entertaining and cute.It got Claire and I dancing.Well, we realised after we turned back that we were the only ones dancing along with the kids, in our row.It was pretty embarassing, but WE DON'T CARE!

'Tian Mi Mi'seemed familiar.Yes, our school's band has an excerpt from that song in one of our famous pieces,Musical Journey.Nevertheless,after hearing it tons of times since Form 1, it was good.Mr Michael Toh sang it like the extreme CIna opera singers, which was good.

The grand finale 'Can't buy me love' was really good.I must admit, it made me want to stand up to dance, but people were still watching, so I restrained myself from doing so.Beatles songs are ALWAYS good.Eg: Pennylane.They SO ROX!

Overall, I would rate the concert 9/10.It's worthed your RM30(if you're getting the cheapy tickets)I must stress however that anyone who wishes to attend tonight's concert that you choose a seat on the right side of the auditorium, you'll get to see MORE from there,and REMEMBER to choose a seat FAR away from children.Those annoying little shites(well I know I'm mean,but they're really irritating)just keep whining!

p/s Good job to Isaac and David!
pp/s Good luck to SJS band for the Band Competition middle of next week.I'm rooting
for you guys(as always, since our school never take part in marching comps)Our
school band and some other troupe will be performing for the closing ceremony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home